The third certificated negotiating session took place on Monday, November 30, 2015.
Conversation about the calendars for the next three years continued. While both sides are showing an interest in reaching agreement on starting dates, there are still considerations about heat day (minimum days) provisions and other contractual areas that need to be addressed prior to any agreement on a calendar. We are still negotiating language around the issues of:
· Maternity/paternity/pregnancy leave,
· Student discipline procedures,
· Increased rates of pay for teachers substituting on their prep period, proctoring exams during prep periods and teaching a sixth class during their prep period.
· Additional prep time for SPED teachers to complete quarterly grade reports
· Compensation for VPSS training
· Compensatory time for Adult Education teachers
We have reached a tentative agreement on extra duty stipends that increases the amount from $100 to $150 and payable after eight years of service in the same sport or area instead of 10 years.
The next session is scheduled for Thursday, December 4th, 2015.
Your bargaining committee members are:
Wes Davis – OFTSE
Kassi Hawkins – OFTSE
Eric Montijo – Oxnard High School
Carri McDevitt – Channel Islands High School
Ko Tamura – Adult Education
Rob Edison – Pacifica High School
Mike Terman – CFT
November 9, 2015