Oxnard Federation of Teachers and School Employees
CFT AFT Local # 1273
THE OFTSE office will be closed from June 14-June 30, 2019
If you need union representation:
- Between June 14-30, 2019 call Eric Montijo
- After July 1, 2019 please contact Robert Kadin
2775 N. Ventura Rd. Suite 202
Oxnard, CA 93036
Phone: 805 485-9119
(Warning: over summer the voicemail may be checked infrequently)
OFTSE Site Representatives
YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO BE REPRESENTED
The Federation is the exclusive representative for certificated, classified and paraprofessional in your district and is the only employee organization authorized to represent individuals in certain situations.
What are those situations in which you may want or need representation?
You have the right to be represented by your union when:
• An administrator calls a conference with you and you have reason to believe that you will be subjected to reprimand or disciplinary action,
• You receive a “does not meet expectations” overall rating on performance evaluations.
• You have a grievance. You are entitled to Federation representation at every step.
An employee always has the right to halt any conference already in progress with any administrator if the conference becomes disciplinary in nature. The teacher may demand postponement for a reasonable amount of time to obtain representation. If you need to be represented contact your site representative or call the OFTSE at (805) 485-9119